Arun Sharma Quantitative Aptitude pdf: Overview and review of the book Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma 8th edition
Quantitative Aptitude is one the most complicated sections when it comes to the competitive exams like Common Admissions Test (CAT). Since a lot of patterns have been changed and there has been a vast difference in the test experience now and the marking process, Arun Sharma came up with a great reference for the students as How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT which is generally known as Arun Sharma Quantitative Aptitude or Quantitative Aptitude Arun Sharma. The book is designed based on the latest exam pattern and experiences by Mr Arun Sharma especially for the CAT examination. The book is well known among the aspirants preparing for the competitive exams to fill up the Quantitative Aptitude section. Here we will overview and review the book Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma and will also discuss about the author.
Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma — Overview of the book:
The book Quantitative Aptitude is written by Arun Sharma and has been published by McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited. The book was first released in 2003 and till date got revised for the eighth time. The latest edition of the book is the 8th edition which was released in 2018. The book consists of 920 pages and is published in English language. The book has the following chapters which are categorised as blocks to ease the learning process of students in it:
- First things first:
- Addition and subtraction
- Divisions, Percentage calculations and Ratio comparisions
- Squares and cubes of the numbers
- Block I — Numbers:
- Number Systems
- Block II — Averages and Mixtures:
- Block III — Arithmetic and Word Based Problems:
- Profit and loss
- Ratio, Proportion and Variation
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Block IV — Geometry:
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Coordinate Geometry
- Block V — Algebra:
- Quadratic and other equations
- Block VI — Counting:
- Permutations and Combinations
- Set Theory
All these chapters are followed by 3 mock test papers, model test papers and solved papers. These model papers help the students to prepare and test their knowledge and improve it with tracking the results.
Arun Sharma Quantitative Aptitude pdf — Review of the book:
The book Arun Sharma Quantitative Aptitude is the best book to be referred when it comes to the preparation of competitive exams. The book is written in a manner to provide the information and knowledge to the reader right from the beginner level to the advanced level. The book is designed to make the student self-study the topics. The book review lies in the following points:
- Complete theory and problems based on the syllabus and exam pattern
- The division of topics in terms of blocks makes the reader to understand the topics in a manner.
- The design of the book is made in order to make the students study on their own.
- The introduction of short-cut techniques makes the students to solve the problems in smaller amounts of time.
- The practise papers and the model papers provide an experience to the students as they cover the similar questions from the examinations.
- The questions are divided in to three levels (LOD – Level of difficulty) to make the students learn and test their skills in an order.
About the author — Arun Sharma:
Arun Sharma has been training the CAT aspirants since 1996. He had personally trained a lot of students who passed the exams with distinctions to get their admissions in to the IIMs and other top business schools. He is a post graduate from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore. He is also the author of other famous books like data interpretation, logical reasoning, verbal ability and reading comprehension, study package and test series for CAT all under the McGraw Hill publications.
You may also like to read about Lucent General knowledge PDF