Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) to introduce Transgender option for the applications and other facilities will be provided
Kerala becomes the first state in India to come out with a great policy for the transgender. Recently, K K Shailaja, Health and Social Justice Minister of the state replying to call about the attention required to introduce a law as part of a solution to the problems being faced by the transgender in the state. According to the sources, this initiative has been called at the assembly on March 11, 2018.
Kerala PSC applications will have a transgender option soon
Previously, the Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) doesn’t used to have third gender option for the applications at the commission. The Health and Social Justice Minister, K K Shailaja has stated to a news reporter that the steps for including the transgender option in the Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) are in the final stages and also the process has been started to provide health care for the transgender by the opening of exclusive TG clinics in all the district hospitals. There will also be a facility provided for the sex-change surgery in medical colleges in the state. It has been also planned to provide a 24 hour helpline for the third genders. Identity cards will also be provided to all the people belonging to the transgender in the state of Kerala. According to the Health and Social Justice Minister, K K Shailaja, continuous education will also be provided to the transgender drop outs. Also that the panel will consider five transgenders in a district and as part of the skill development program they will be provided with driving lessons.
The following are the quick points according to the transgender policy by the Kerala state:
- The Kerala PSC will include Transgender option for the applications
- Health care will be provided by the means of opening TG clinics at every district hospital in Kerala state
- The facility for sex-change surgery will be provided at every medical college by the state.
- Introduction of 24 hours help line for the trans genders in the state
- Issuing of ID cards for the third genders belonging to the Kerala state
- Continuous education for all the transgender drop outs in the state
- As part of skill development program, 5 TGs in every district of the Kerala state will be provided with driving lessons under this rule.
This policy by Kerala PSC will be a great way to improve the livings of the transgenders in the state and should be called not only in Kerala but also in the every state of the country.